SUPPLY CHAIN ASSISTANT
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a cutting edge, technologically advanced manufacturing/engineering business in Norwich to work in their busy supply chain department.
For the suitable individual, training will be provided. You will be keen, eager to learn, a good communicator, happy to talk to suppliers and sit with people to obtain answers.
You will need to have an analytical mind with an approachable personality and be happy to help with all related requirements.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a recent graduate or someone who has gained a little experience already but seeks a business that can give great career opportunities and a solid future.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Assistant will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities within the Supply Chain department.
You will possess excellent numeracy and accuracy skills and be flexible within your approach. The Supply Chain Assistant will conduct data analysis to improve the supply chain operations. The purpose of this role is to help increase efficiency and reduce costs.
In this role, you should have an analytical mind and a strong business acumen. Problem-solving skills and attention to detail are essential.
· Office management – Procurement of stationery, record keeping and filing
· Creating and running reports from ERP system (onsite training given)
· Supporting holiday cover and/or work overflow within the supply chain department
· Expediting stakeholders & communicating with suppliers
· General clerical administration
· Raising of purchase orders and supporting/maintaining order analysis & reporting.
· Day to Day Supply Chain support determined by the Supply Chain Manager/s.
You will have;
· Excellent influencing skills.
· A positive ‘can do’ approach with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and key stakeholders.
· Competent in the use of the full Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
· Strong analytical skills.
· Team focussed.