My client is a local success story, a manufacturer of snacks and confectionaries that are well known and stocked throughout supermarkets nationwide. This is an exciting opportunity to join them on their journey and play an integral part in their success and future development.
• You will hold the role of a Finance Analyst partnering with Supply Chain and Procurement
• You will provide accurate, timely and insightful reporting of data, information and analysis to facilitate good decision-making, driving the Supply Chains performance and profitability.
• You will ensure robust controls are in place for accounting entries
• You will provide financial reporting and analysis as needed to support key strategic Supply Chain projects/programmes and integration/standardisation of activities across my clients businesses.
Specific Supply Chain and Procurement Finance Analyst role accountability include
• To provide clear, robust and insightful reporting, to provide a detailed understanding of business performance.
• To build relationships between Finance and other Depts within the business to effectively manage key workflows in a timely manner and identify areas where work processes and decision making can be improved.
• Involvement as a Finance representative for Supply Chain and Procurement for specific areas of reporting / analysis / review processes with Business Partners (in conjunction with Controller);
• Specific projects to standardise Supply Chain and Procurement work processes across brands bringing together existing legacy processes; this will including designing in current best approach, building in process robustness, and defining clear accountabilities and data requirements with Business Partners;
• To work within the Change Management Process (CMP) with responsibility for creation and addition of new material codes, new standard costs, new Carriage rates and edits to existing master data.
Broader Finance accountability includes
• To work as part of the Operations Finance team, sharing learnings, and complying with the financial controls and reporting timetables in line with business requirements.
• To ensure completion of month end to deadlines within your scope of responsibility, providing commentary as needed to explain performance/variances for your areas.
• The completion and ownership of accurate and controlled balance sheet reconciliations
• Any other Finance related support / project work as required.
Demonstrate Self Awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicate Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communication that convey a clear understanding of unique needs of different audiences.
Cultivate Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organisation.
Develop Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organisation's goals.
Direct Work: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
• Lead by example to set expectations, plan work to be carried out in a safe manner, take action to prevent risk of harm to their team.
• Challenge and address unsafe behaviour
• Be involved in testing emergency procedures, lead accident & incident investigations to establish root causes and preventative measures.
• Deliver safety briefings to your team so you are seen as the safety leader of your team.
• Make available team members to support the company safety program.
• The ability to work on your own initiative.
• The ability to work under pressure and with efficiency and speed whilst maintaining accuracy, working to a strict financial timetable.
• A positive/can do and flexible approach and ability to deal positively with change.
• Logical thinking and ability to connect Financial reporting/analysis outcome with reality of business processes and changes
Experience and Qualifications
• Fully-qualified AAT, part-qualified ACCA accountant, or degree-level finance/accounting, with intent to continue study
• Strong IT skills, particularly Excel and use of SAGE
• Ideally some experience working in a manufacturing financial environment.
• Full driving licence for occasions when travel to Distribution/Factory sites is required