My client is the UK’s leading publisher of personal finance data used throughout the UK financial industry including the Bank of England, HM Treasury and the UK Government. Virtually every bank and building society in the UK uses their unique product and market data services.
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced Sub Editor to join my clients established team.
This role is available either full time or part time (on a job share basis) and once trained will provide some flexibility to work remotely though initially you will need to be office based.
• Editing and, if necessary, re-wording Articles, Press Releases, Insight Reports and Online Publications.
• Editing financial news on a continual basis throughout the day.
• Assisting the Editor, in respect of Business, Investment Life & Pensions publications.
• Ensuring all external documents follow MFG style and accuracy rules.
• Proofing as required for other departments.
• Writing for the Groups Publications.
The successful applicant will have a diploma in production journalism, NCTJ-accredited sub-editing qualification or NCTJ accredited journalism qualification or equivalent experience. Ideally, they will be familiar with personal finance products. They will have a good eye for detail and be able to concentrate for long periods. They will naturally, be deadline aware.
• Applicants will need to be experienced with a proven track record in the following:
Ensure articles are accurate and do not break laws such as libel and copyright.
• Checking queries with the Editors.
• Re-wording articles if necessary, to make them cleaner or shorter.
• Ensuring the continual use of the approved house style.
• Ensuring page layout follows flat plans.
• Manage time efficiently and communicate with relevant departments to manage their requirements/expectations on delivery.
9-5 Monday to Friday (35 hr week)
Salary - circa £24k
25 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
Enhanced Workplace Pension Scheme
Free staff car parking
Group Life Insurance