Service Service is in partnership with the local council and are currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Assistant on a temporary basis until 30th April 2020.
The role is to provide full support to the Finance Department, including the Accountant/Finance Officer. You will provide support with financial advice, development, along with monitoring budgets.
Job duties (not exhaustive list)
- To provide support in coordinating the preparation and monitoring of client's budgets, able to advice on producing specified client's capital and revenue budgets, budget information and give information on reports and provide the client with options and advice.
- Assist with cash management and where necessary processing loan transactions.
- Provide training and financial advice
- Ad-hoc requests that are provided from the line manager
Skills and Attributes:
- AAT Certificate (or similar qualification)
- Practical knowledge of financial systems
- Experience with budget monitoring
- At least 2 years' experience of working within accountancy
- Good communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills, along with written communication
- Ability to work under pressure