My client one of the counties longest trading and extremely successful insurance brokers are looking for a new team member to help their existing team provide Personal Lines insurance support to their clients;
You will provide assistance in respect of the conversion of new business, you will also service existing accounts to ensure the retention of renewals.
This role is an incredible opportunity to join a first-rate business and progress in the world of insurance gaining eventual exposure to commercial insurance.
• You will respond to enquiries from clients, prospective clients and insurers received by phone, letter, e-mail or fax
in a courteous and helpful manner.
• You will ensure that all information required by clients or underwriters is obtained and communicated.
• You will Identify clients’ requirements and provide a New Business quotation for Motor/Household/Travel to fulfil
• You will maintain an accurate record of the clients’ circumstances and objectives.
• Using information you have gathered, you will determine which insurers will provide the most competitive rates for
the cover required.
• You will obtain quotations, using quotation system and by referring to insurers if required.
• You will decide the most appropriate quote in terms of price and cover to meet the applicant’s needs.
• You will discuss any “additional” covers to ensure that all insurance requirements are satisfied.
• You will ensure the issue of accurate documentation, including full details of cover, proposal for signing if
necessary and all policy-related documentation.
• You will maintain and update accurate diary entries.
• You will ensure you’re fully compliant with all FCA regulations.
• You will issue invoices and policy documents and update client records, using the client’s preferred contact
• You will share responsibility for dealing with any actions attaching to existing clients on mid-term adjustments and
claims, referring to senior colleagues where required.
• You will ensure system records are created for new business and updated following all client contacts.
• You will chase and receive payments by cheque, credit card and direct debit for new business, renewals and
policy amendments. Issue receipt documents and send renewal documents.
• You will follow necessary product training to meet required competency standards.
• You will carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be set by the Director or Line Manager to help progress
the role and to help the general day to running of Drayton Insurance Services Limited.
Skills and desirable knowledge
It is essential you have a sound understanding of the general principles and practices of insurance and their application as well as good knowledge of policy wordings and covers of all classes of insurance dealt with
You should be aware of FCA compliance, have strong computer skills, specifically in using the Microsoft Office suite.
You will have an appreciation of the Data Protection Act and Money Laundering Rules
Experience of the Open GI System is desirable as is being CII Qualified or working towards the certificate.