My client a renowned firm of Chartered Financial Planning professionals are looking for an experienced Paraplanner to work within their busy technical team, providing support to their successful team of IFAs.
My client offer a Professional Development Programme where full training is provided throughout an employee’s career.
My client is an award-winning high quality financial planning firm that has been offering bespoke investment advice to clients across East Anglia since 1990.
As Chartered Financial Planners, my client is committed to a high level of ethical and professional standards and are committed to developing their staff to give them the best knowledge and skills possible. My client is dedicated to providing excellent standards of customer service, professional tailor-made advice and long-term client relationships.
My client has been voted one of New Model Adviser’s ‘Top 100’ financial planning firms for the fifth year running.
My client offers investments on an advisory or discretionary basis, giving their clients a flexible solution.
• To provide full technical support to the IFA team: Directors, Chartered Financial Planners and Financial Planners
• To assist in the delivery of bespoke solutions to advisory and discretionary clients in all aspects of financial planning
• Advanced technical report writing
• Dealing with wrap platforms and product providers to obtain information about existing and potential investments
• To undertake research both independently and with an IFA to identify suitable solutions to meet clients’ needs and objectives
• To carry out in depth product research and analysis to prepare a comprehensive financial planning report and identify opportunities throughout the process
• To undertake reviews of client portfolios and compile annual suitability reports
• Use FE Analytics to research and analyse fund performance, volatility and risk
• Prepare cash flow plans for clients and incorporate system outputs into reports and assist with their presentation in client meetings
• To carry out tax calculations to ensure correct advice is given, where appropriate
• To assist with the preparation of client meetings, emails, letters and documentation as part of the advice process
• To handle client queries and help service existing clients on a daily basis
• To maintain awareness of legislative changes and product developments by undertaking suitable CPD activities e.g. attending seminars/workshops
• You must have previous industry experience as a Paraplanner and be able to write technical reports
• You must hold a minimum of the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning. Advanced level exams in investments and pensions will be an advantage, along with any work towards Chartered status
• You should be able to demonstrate a sound technical knowledge of the financial services industry across a full range of investments, pensions, retirement solutions, protection and IHT planning
• You should have experience of wrap platforms and main tax wrappers
• You should have excellent written / verbal communication skills, as well as organisation skills
• You should be experienced in supporting advisers with a range of tasks, including correspondence with product providers and clients, researching products and writing suitability reports, as well as providing support to other members of a paraplanning team
• You should have good interpersonal skills are a must, as is working alongside a friendly team of dedicated individuals
• You should be proactive and able to use own initiative
• You should have the ability to cope well in a busy working environment and manage own case load
• Staff bonus scheme
• Holiday: 23 days per annum, increasing after 3, 6, 9, 14 and 19 years’ service
• Death in Service scheme
• 5% of salary contribution into Group Personal Pension with immediate effect
• Professional Development Programme with financial support, recognition and reward for professional study