A Maintenance and Facilities Technician is required for at least 3 months to be responsible for the maintenance, repair and installation of equipment and the general maintenance and upkeep of the actual facility including lighting, fixture installation etc.
There is a heavy electrical bias in this role but there is a requirement to support the mechanical aspect of equipment.
The role will require, in brief;
• Management of Mechanical and Electrical equipment
• Preventative maintenance and breakdown cover for installed production and service equipment
• Support installation of new equipment into the facility including early involvement with equipment design
• Control of onsite equipment
• Building and grounds maintenance.
• Project manage and cost control of small to medium facilities projects, appointing and managing appropriate contractors to implement.
• To carry out minor facility repairs and maintenance tasks.
• Work with HS&E and Facilities Manager to project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors.
• Visual management of facilities and maintenance projects
• Drives continuous improvement
• Self-starter, self-motivated, works well in team environment
• Ability to exercise judgment
• Prepare documents to put out to company stakeholders and tenders for contractors in accordance with company policy
• Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily
• Be on-call for emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
• To maintain active and continuous contact (not restricted to formal meetings) with all stakeholders on the Norwich, site
• To encourage good relations and professional communication between, staff, departments, customers and suppliers.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• 17/18th Edition electrical qualification – essential
• Experienced in maintenance of complex equipment (5+ years’ experience.
• Working knowledge of Safety and Environment Management Systems (OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experienced in maintenance and installation of electronics manufacturing equipment
• Mechanical skills are desirable