My client is a very successful Norfolk based organisation offering professional training in the Financial Services Sector as well as apprenticeships and leadership training.
The role of the Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) is to support Trainers delivering a range of Apprenticeship Standards. The IQA role will monitor, review, and evaluate the quality of assessment processes and practice and ensure awarding body standards and regulatory requirements are maintained.
1. Plan and prepare monitoring activities according with Internal Quality Assurance Strategy
2. Determine whether assessment processes and systems meet and operate according to quality requirements
3. Check that trainers meet the requirements for their role
4. Analyse trainer capabilities and potential in the context of their objectives and other requirements
5. Agree and prioritise trainer learning needs and produce individual development plans with trainers to reflect these
6. Provide trainers with feedback, advice, and support to help them maintain and improve their assessment practice
7. Check that assessment methods are safe, fair, valid and reliable
8. Check that assessment decisions are made using specified criteria
9. Compare trainer decisions to ensure they are consistent
10. Be committed and passionate about teaching and learning
11. Liaise with Trainers regarding External Quality Assurance (EQA) visits and be actively involved in managing these visits.
12. Follow agreed procedures when there are significant concerns about the quality of assessment.
13. Following agreed procedures for the recording, storing, and reporting confidential of information
14. Identify current performance requirements relevant to own practice
15. Identify trends and developments relevant to own skills, knowledge, and practice
16. Prioritise areas for development and plan how learning and development will be achieved
17. Access professional development needed to carry out own work more effectively and continually use a range of resources to keep own knowledge, skills and practice up to date
18. Keep records of own actions, development plans and progress and use them to support and inform ongoing reflective practice
19. Share knowledge, skills, and improvements to practice with colleagues where it is likely to be of benefit
20. Participate in Staff Development and Training programme to meet personal and professional development requirements
21. To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post.
• GCSE Grade C / 4 or above in English and maths
• Effective communication/ICT skills
• Good time management skills
• Proven track record of achieving results/targets
• Significant experience in assessment and verification
• Meeting operational targets set for timely success
• Working successfully as part of a team
• Professional qualification in relevant field to at least level 3
• Trainer Award (D32, D33, A1 Trainer Award or Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
• PTLLS or equivalent (or willingness to work towards qualification)
• A strong commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and have evidence of own ongoing CPD
• Internal Quality Assurance qualification (D34, V1, QCF L4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment processes and practices or QCF L4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
• Knowledge of vocational training industry and funding requirements
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Teams and Class Notebook
• Knowledge of Education and Inspection Framework (EIF) and Ofsted requirements
Salary of £24-32,000.00 NEG DOE
Monday to Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
Friday 09:00 – 16:00
36.5 Hours Per Week
Half an hour for lunch
28 days holiday (including bank holidays) *however they also have 5 company days taken over Christmas taking this to 32 days. The company days are ultimately discretionary, because they might have audits or Ofsted inspections that take place at that time (though this is highly unlikely).
They have also started to introduce more ad hoc company days off and social events.
Auto enrolment pension
Home / remote working (Laptop and addition IT equipment provided as needed e.g. additional monitor)
Salary reviewed annually in February