My client provides practical and intelligent Insolvency, Corporate Recovery, Personal Debt and Strategic Business Planning Solutions. As a dynamic, innovative practice, my client has witnessed rapid growth in a short space of time and are now looking to recruit an experienced Manager or Assistant Manager to join their team.
My client knows that their people are central to the success of the business. That is why they look for individuals who are talented, career driven and most importantly, able to embrace the ethos of their business – thinking creatively, being approachable to clients and providing an outstanding service every time.
Key Responsibilities include:
• You will report to the Director/Licenced Insolvency Practitioner
• You will take responsibility for case progression and quality
• You will provide direction / training and advice to seniors & juniors teams
• You will monitor development of other, less experienced members of staff
• You will assist with efficient running of the team including diary reviews, catch-ups and to-do list
• You will manage a wide range of insolvency cases
• You will manage case load, ensure compliance with statutory requirements and deadlines, professional standards and Leading guidelines
• You will manage case progression monitoring
• You will assist /input to develop strategy for cases
• You will implement agreed strategy for all cases
• You will support and mentor other team members
• You will liaise with clients, referrers, agents and solicitors, ensuring quality of professional relationships are maintained
• You will assist in the development and implementation of new processes and procedures
• You will assist with networking function & business development when required
• You will attend courses for both technical and case management improvement
• You will be involved in management meetings and relaying information at team meetings
• You will take responsibility of investigations needed on a case by case basis, using technical knowledge and implementing the agreed strategy for a case
• You will lead by example
• You will review team timesheets and reporting variances from agreed parameters
• You will continue the Professional Development of technical and case management skills
• You will provide initial training of staff on procedural & technical level
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate flexibility and the willingness to progress within the business. As a growing business, we look for people who are results driven who are prepared to roll up their sleeves and help us drive the company forwards.
Key attributes that we look for are:
• You will ideally have 4 to 7 years of insolvency experience
• Being CPI qualified is advantageous, although support is provided towards the CII or JIEB qualification
• You will be organised, reliable and adaptable
• You will hold the ability to motivate and supervise the operational duties of a team
• You will be enthusiastic within a team environment
• You will hold excellent communication skills
• You will possess a strong work ethic
• You will be honest / trustworthy and a real team player
• You will have a positive attitude and the ability to keep calm under pressure
My client provides structured training, both internally as well as industry-accredited courses, a competitive remuneration and benefits packages. Whilst my clients offices are based in Norwich, they are open to remote working for the right candidate, based anywhere in the UK. If this was to be a remote-working role, occasional travel to Norwich (around once a month) would be beneficial for all parties.
My client believes in taking care of their staff as they take care of their business and their clients.
25 days hols plus banks
Working from home
Discretionary annual company-wide profit related bonus paid in two parts (June and December)