Full Stack Software Developer (Ideally with JAVA Experience)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rather niche and extremely interesting business that has a global reach with its product and is continuously expanding its activities whilst creating new and innovative products.
My client now wants to add strength to their software development team as the business progresses and expands. The person they require will have a strong technical proficiency coupled with a professional approach to the development of software and the energy and enthusiasm of someone who genuinely loves what they do.
You might be educated to degree level or higher in a computing, scientific or engineering discipline or have equivalent related workplace experience. The experience, positive attitude, motivation and passion for this role is what we seek.
This will be primarily a home-based role with the occasional visit to the head office in Norfolk (UK).
Responsibilities of this role include;
• Assist with design, coding and maintaining of cloud software services.
• Ideally full stack development experience joining a team responsible for both front and back end development as well as server and database management.
• Expected to be able to develop, test and deploy reliable, functional code, ideal candidate will be able to test, debug and problem solve effectively.
• Participate in peer review of software to ensure high standards.
• Assist customers, customer support, business development and technicians with software/system related issues and queries.
Essential Development Skills
• Highly competent in JAVA development.
• GIT version control (GitHub).
• Familiar with AWS systems and tools, including Lambda, S3, EC2 etc.
Beneficial Development Skills (Not Essential)
• PGSQL & MySQL databases
• Linux/Ubuntu server management
• C and/or C# programming experience
• Agile development environment
• Strong mathematical abilities for assisting with analysis and algorithm development