My client is a local success story, a manufacturer of snacks and confectionaries that are well known and stocked throughout supermarkets nationwide. This is an exciting opportunity to join them on their journey and play an integral part in their success and future development.
You will hold the role of Finance Business partner to my clients Norwich Site. You will act as partner to Manufacturing (Factory Manager and area leaders e.g. Engineering/CI, and including Head of Manufacturing where applicable) covering key aspects of Factory operational performance and analysis to establish diagnostics and drivers on performance, project delivery for savings, month end accounting and analysis and other tasks as captured in the following key accountabilities.
• To build relationships between Operations Finance and manufacturing particularly with the Factory Manager and relevant cost area leaders as required (e.g. Engineering, Continuous Improvement/Lean, and Head of Manufacturing where appropriate) to effectively support Manufacturing Operations cost control and improvement;
• To provide detailed analysis and reporting to support factory leadership, including relevant weekly reporting for the site based on detailed product organisation spans of responsibility. Examples will include: weekly Finance reporting, operational effectiveness (OEE), labour productivity/planning, capacity utilisation, key operational KPIs, material wastage analysis, stock take controls/adjustment etc;
• You will lead involvement in factory project financial analysis (capital, continuous improvement etc) including diagnostics and driver analysis on operation performance to define/align on priority opportunities and project tracking for savings delivery vs. targets;
• Involvement as Norwich Finance Business Partner to develop/confirm/support costings as needed for the Factory, also in partnership with Costings/Change Management resource within Operations Finance;
• You will work as part of the Operations Finance team, sharing learnings, and complying with the financial controls and reporting timetables in line with business requirements;
• To ensure completion of month end to deadlines within your scope of responsibility, providing commentary as needed to explain performance/variances for your areas;
• The completion and ownership of accurate and controlled balance sheet reconciliations;
• Any other finance related support / project work as required;
• Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
• Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
• Organisationally Savvy: Manoeuvring comfortably through complex process and people-related organisational dynamics
• Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
• Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
• Demonstrate self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
• Communicate effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communication that convey a clear understanding of unique needs of different audiences.
• Cultivate Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organisation.
• Develop Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organisation's goals.
• Direct Work: Provide direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
• The ability to work on your own initiative.
• The ability to work under pressure and with efficiency and speed whilst maintaining accuracy, working to a strict financial timetable.
• Possess a positive/can do and flexible approach and ability to deal positively with change.
• Logical thinking and ability to connect Financial reporting/analysis outcome with reality of business processes and changes
Experience and Qualifications
• You will ideally be a minimum, part-qualified ACCA/CIMA accountant with the intent to continue and complete study
• You will possess strong IT skills, particularly Excel and SAGE
• Ideally experience working as financial support in a manufacturing environment.
• Full driving licence for occasions when travel to other sites is required