My client is one of the county’s leading employers, with excellent opportunities for personal and financial development and a history of facilitating the growth of their staff, their reputation is second to none.
As a reputable financial planning firm, my client are looking to add to their experienced team by adding an experienced file review consultant.
• Undertake file reviews of advice provided by Financial Advisers against set criteria to ensure the activity undertaken by the Adviser is compliant and competent.
• Have the requisite technical knowledge to undertake a full file review.
• Ensure sufficient client information has been obtained.
• Analyse the information gathered to ensure competence and compliance.
• Ensure suitable recommendations are made.
• Ensure all supporting documentation is maintained.
• Have full knowledge and understanding of the Company’s compliance procedures.
• Ensuring Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) culture is embedded across the Financial Advisers.
• Ensure compliance at all times with the relevant regulatory requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
• Undertake file reviews of advice provided, with higher risk areas to be prioritised and agreed with the Directors or Technical Compliance Manager.
• Submit your findings to the Technical Compliance Manager or Directors to discuss with the appropriate Financial Adviser.
• Diploma qualified, preferably with Pension Transfer qualification.
• Working technical knowledge of the range of pension, investment and life assurance products as well as FCA regulations.
• An understanding of compliance and the importance of file reviews in the compliance framework.
• Previous experience of file reviews is preferred, but not essential.
• Computer skills – various software and in depth knowledge of back office administration system, although training will be given.
• Flexibility and ability to work around review demands.
• Ability to interact with the wider team.
Hours of Work/Remuneration:
• Minimum of 10 hours per month, with the ability to increase the requirement to a maximum of 30 hours per month.
• Competitive hourly rate £25 to £33 per hour.