My client are a local home, motor and travel insurance broking boutique, offering customers their expertise in providing the best quotes for their insurance requirements.
My client is looking for a new member of staff to join their existing close knit team, based just outside of the centre of Norwich.
To provide customers with a welcoming, efficient, professional and effective customer service experience, with a high focus on quality and accuracy, adhering to FCA guidelines and TCF principles at all times.
• You will obtain appropriate information to ensure products are offered to meet both customer demands and needs.
• You will issue policy documents within regulatory timeframes, including new business, renewals, cancellations and Mid Term Adjustments (MTAs).
• You will underwrite policies within your delegated authority, referring to in-house and external underwriters as required for more complex areas of business.
• You will work as part of the team to manage the ‘renewal’ and ‘new business’ diary.
• You will respond to customer enquiries via telephone, email and post in a timely manner.
• You will manage objections, including policy cancellations, premium increases and claims decisions.
• You will manage customer complaints in a professional and efficient manner, referring details to compliance on receipt.
• You will record and maintain accurate customer information, ensuring records are accurately and efficiently updated.
• You will process payments including renewals, new business and MTAs.
• You will maintain required levels of competence and standards of performance.
• You will work as part of the customer service team to meet team objectives by securing and retaining business.
GCSE grade A-C or 9-4 in Maths and English
Hold or working towards Level 3 Certificate in Insurance (Desirable)
Minimum of 1 year’s general insurance sales experience (Desirable)
Knowledge and skills
• Understanding of FCA rules, ethics and financial regulations
• Previous experience working in a phone based environment
• Working knowledge of property insurance products (Desirable)
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Professional phone manner
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accurate record keeping
• Effective questioning and listening skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Strong IT skills
Holiday starting at 21 days + bank holidays, rising with length of service up to 27 days + bank holidays
Working hours – 9-5 week 1 – 10-6 week 2 , rolling shift pattern
10% employer contribution (employee does not have to contribute)
4 times death in service
BUPA cash plan (medical expenses)