Are you a commercial insurance professional (or even a Financial Services Professional from another area e.g. mortgage broking) looking to make your next move in the sector? My client is a reputable local insurance broker with offices across Norfolk and Suffolk across several classes of insurance such as fleet, agriculture, construction, motor trade and commercial property.
The purpose of this role is to support your designated account executives, whilst building and managing your own book of small business as well as developing this book.
Specific duties include
• Meeting with Account Executives on a regular basis to discuss strategies for managing specific renewals.
• Supporting your Executives by liaising with insurers throughout the renewal process and for midterm adjustments.
• Liaising directly with clients, where necessary and agreed, to discuss any revisions to their needs and advising them where appropriate.
• Carrying out New Business and Renewal marketing exercises on behalf of your executives and recording the results. Making recommendations where appropriate.
• Preparing renewal, new business and midterm documentation.
• Ensuring that client records and renewal spreadsheet are kept accurate and all correspondence attached.
• Undertaking your own new business quotations for all types of general insurance business, where not appropriate for an executive to do so.
• Undertaking amendments and renewals for your own clients.
• Processing of premium transactions in any of the above administrative duties
• Ensure that hold cover requests are processed in good time.
• Manage your diary list along with your executives.
• You will ideally have an understanding of the general principles and practices of insurance and their application.
• You will have a good knowledge of policy wordings and covers of all classes of insurance.
• You must maintain an awareness of FCA compliance.
• You will have strong computer skills, specifically in using the Microsoft Office as well as excellent communication skills.
• An appreciation of the Data Protection Act and Money Laundering Rules is required at all times.
• Experience of the Open GI System
• CII Qualified (or working towards)
Working hours are 8.30 – 17:00
24 days holiday, CII membership and exams are paid for and supported
Upon successful completion of your six months probation flexible working can be offered with currently 3 days in the office and 2 from home.
4 x Death In Service
Aviva Pension (standard contributions)