Service Service work in partnership with the local Council and have a role available for a Assistant Procurement Officer in Norwich on a temporary ongoing basis for a initial 3 months.
(37 hours) January 2019 - 31st March 2019
Monday to Friday
Immediate starts available
Provide proactive and effective support services to the Council and the Procurement Team, through efficient handling, recording and representation of queries and support calls, procurement data, system processes, catalogue and contract management and general administration.
- Provide a high standard of support to colleagues in the form of the Procurement Servicedesk or the Passenger Transport Procurement Team, with a focus on customer service. Includes recording and responding to support calls and general procurement queries, and assisting system users to raise purchase orders or to complete procurement exercises efficiently and correctly.
- Review and process electronic purchase orders in accordance with contract standing orders, ensuring that purchase orders and spend are linked to the correct contracts.
- Identify where quotation and tender activity is required, to ensure that Contract Standing Orders are complied with, and either undertake this directly or pass to the appropriate team to action.
- Support the duties of the Procurement Team in the pursuit of best practice procurement, through recording and presenting procurement data correctly and clearly, and general administration tasks.
- Undertake further competitions within pre-tendered framework and dynamic purchasing system arrangements using electronic purchasing systems to ensure best value is obtained.
- Obtain, format and check catalogues and pricing schedules to be uploaded onto the purchasing system, ensuring that the information is accurate and correct.
- Provide an element of system support, undertaking key operational processes and encouraging full use of Procurement systems.
- Undertake professional training and qualifications to raise knowledge and understanding in support of the Council’s procurement function.
A good standard of secondary education (5 GCSEs at grades A-C including English and Maths, or equivalent). OR
NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service or Procurement/Supply Chain Management, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- Experience of working in and managing processes within a procurement function.
- Experience of producing performance data and investigation and resolution of issues, or appropriate escalation.
- Experience of working with Internet, Intranet, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Experience of organising and managing processes to support customer needs.
- Experience of working with a large user base, adhering to processes and working towards specific targets.
- Working experience of using a purchasing system.
- Working experience of using a call management system.
- Experience of working within a large public sector organisation, or other large organisation, especially within a procurement environment.
For a full job description and further details please contact Natalie Money at Service Service