Do you have a background in property Conveyancing, perhaps you’re a law graduate with an interest in property law, maybe you’re an underwriter? Whatever your background this role could be for you…
My client is looking for a property/legal professional to join their growing business specialising in the provision of indemnity insurance.
• You will ensure up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company systems.
• You will underwrite business in accordance with Company and Underwriter requirements.
• You will interpret instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to Company policies and procedures.
• You will be innovative, always look for ways to improve efficiency of the underwriting process.
• You will ensure that brokers settle their outstanding balances within the agreed credit terms.
• You will participate in and undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally) as appropriate.
• You will ensure that service levels to clients / insurance brokers is of high standard.
• You will resolve any outstanding underwriting related tasks/matters in a timely and efficient matter to enable supporting functions, including claims, finance and compliance, to fulfil their responsibilities with the minimum of problems.
• You will ensure all dealings are carried out with integrity and professionalism.
• You will develop strong relationships with brokers.
• You will deal with incoming enquiries from clients, insurers and third parties.
• You will manage assigned projects and contribute to other projects as required.
• You will possess the ability to work quickly, efficiently and methodically.
• You will possess strong networking and communication skills
• You will possess an all-round awareness of those aspects of the insurance industry that have a direct bearing on key responsibilities and accountabilities.
• You will be efficient and highly organised.
• You will have a pro-active and strategic approach to work.
• You will be able to demonstrate a strong attention to detail.
• You will have the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• You will be adaptable to work in this rapidly changing business environment.
Required Knowledge and Experience
• A broad range of experience in the insurance industry would be beneficial (but not essential), including one or more of the following:
- policy work and preparation
- basic accounts
- insurance broking and direct client liaison
• Sound product awareness with experience of underwriting of specific class(es)to which the job holder is responsible for.
• A-level, ideally in a numerate discipline
• Law graduate (2.1 and above), preferable
• Completion of CII Cert, and studying towards full CII qualifications, desirable